2. Wise men listen to wise counsel. Fools won’t take it.
3. Many complain of their looks, but none of their brains.
4. If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
5. Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
6. I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain.
7. You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
8. Patience will come to those who wait for it.
9. Incoming fire has the right of way.
10. Nothing is as easy as it looks.
11. Everything is easy if you know how to do it.
12. Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.
13. Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.
14. If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which a procedure can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop.
15. Every solution breeds new problems.
16. If there is a worse time for something to go wrong, it will happen then.
17. If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
18. Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.
19. It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
20. If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
21. Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.
22. Everything takes longer than you think.